Cracking competitive exam is like achieving the ultimate goal, making impossible to possible. Given the astronomical number of students that appear for any competitive exam, either it is of national or state level, getting your name in the list of successful students is something that is not less than a watershed moment. If you are among those who want to know as to how to prepare for competitive exams, given below are some of the tips:
- Start Early: If you have to crack a competitive examination, you will have to disbelieve an old saying, “it is never too late”. It is always judicious to start early and most of the time it proves to be too late when it comes to preparing for the competitive examination. But, you need not devote all your time from the very day you pull your socks up for the competitive examination. In initial days, you can allow as less as half an hour or just one hour but regularly prepare for the examination. In early days, you should know the syllabus and get the idea of the subjects from which the question papers will appear.
- Do not hesitate to take the help of NET: The entire world is taking the help of the Internet, and so you must not be an exception. It might be important for you to learn that Internet is the ocean of knowledge. You just have to delve deep into it and you will emerge taking the things you were searching for. Make the habit of searching beyond first page, as even the underneath pages of search engines may have your answer. Getting help of Internet is crucial on how to prepare for competitive exams.
- Do not allow the time-wasters: This heading is especially true when the examination is around the corner. Mind, every second of your is precious; so do not allow any time wasters to doom your prospect of selection in the exam. If you enjoy a large circle of close friends, who are not very serious about their competitive exam or are not preparing for any, just take a leave for some months on a promise that you will join them after the examination.
- Take Coaching: No doubt, self-study is the best form of study. And you should not opt for coaching the moment you decide for preparing for a competitive examination. But, when you get an overall knowledge and concept of the subjects that are in the syllabus, taking coaching will always help you boost your preparation. Apart from providing a good number of friends, coaching will also provide you better techniques to solve questions and get good teachers who will provide you step by step guidance for preparation.
- Previous Years’ Question Papers: This is very important when it comes to preparing for the competitive examination. You may have good knowledge of the syllabus of the exam, you may also have good concept of the subjects included in the syllabus, but provided you come to know about the question patterns of that competitive exams, it will be like Fighting in the Fog. Luckily, there are some good publishers in the market that have good books on previous years’ question papers—both solved and unsolved.